Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ask an Advisor

by Dana Myers
 Our “Ask an Advisor” column allows UF advisors to share their viewpoint and experiences regarding advising or just life in general. We recently asked some advisors to answer the following questions:

1.       Do you have plans for (or have you already gone on) a summer vacation? 
2.       Where to, and for any particular reason? 
3.       If you don’t have any summer vacation plans, where would you like to go?

Tim and I are taking our girlie, Aurora, on a week-long Alaska cruise to celebrate her 13th birthday.  On our to-do list: ride a glass train, pan for gold, see the aurora borealis (her namesake), and try to not gain too much weight!  Robin Rossie, College of Education


I'm originally from Michigan, so we plan to head there in August for a quick summer vacation. We're going to visit family and hang out at my Dad's lake house.  My four year old loves to play on the little beach and collect snails from the bottom of the lake.  We also like going to the nearby strawberry farm to pick fresh berries.Christine Richmond, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences

I recently returned from the NACADA Region 6 conference in Winnipeg, Canada and I really enjoyed the professional discussions, all the friendly people, and the beautiful city.  By the time you read this, I will be in Salzburg, Austria assisting with the UF in Salzburg study abroad program.  I will then head to Marmaris, Turkey with my family for our summer vacation. Glenn Kepic, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences

In addition to attending a family reunion in Osierfield, GA, I will return to Boston in July to complete an accelerated campus based course.  It will be my last residency course for my Doctorate of Education program at Northeastern University!  The city is lovely, but the courses are exhausting. Because I’m not taking a full summer vacation, I’ll be taking a cruise with four of my best friends to Jamaica this fall!  I’ve never been, so I’m super excited. The fact that I get to experience it with the greatest girls I know makes it that much better!  Katrice Graham, School of Business

No comments:

Post a Comment