Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ask an Advisor

by Robin Rossie

Our “Ask an Advisor” column allows UF advisors to share their viewpoint and experiences. I recently asked some advisors to answer the following question:  What are you reading?

Ok, well, the book I am in the middle of is Yes, Your Teen is Crazy!: Loving Your Kid Without Losing Your Mind (Michael J. Bradley). Do I really want you to publish that? Hmmm. The most recent new book I read was The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews (chick lit). Slightly embarrassed about that one… The most recent new book that I am semi-proud of having read was The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Mary Ann Schaffer and Annie Barrows) (totally loved it).
Lynn O’Sickey, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences

Boys Life!!! (Rober McCammon) I just started it this week… It is very well written – I am enjoying it very much.
Joe Rojo, School of Business


I’m almost done with Nature Girl by Carl Hiassen and I just started It’s Okay to Be the Boss by Bruce Tulgan.
Kathy Rex, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences


Nothing – at least nothing non-work related at the moment. The time I might spend reading for pleasure right now I’m using to practice my part for a handbell event I go to every October.
Elaine Turner, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences


Think it’s fun to note that the coordinator of an online program is reading The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains (Nicholas Carr). Haven’t gotten too far because I keep having to put the book down to check my Facebook page and Twitter feeds . . .
Jill Lingard, School of Business

No comments:

Post a Comment