Monday, October 19, 2009

Ask An Advisor

by Ella Tabares

Our “Ask an Advisor” column allows UF advisors to share their viewpoint and experiences. I recently asked some advisors to answer the following question: What was your favorite highlight of the 2009 National NACADA Conference in San Antonio?

“As someone new to advising, I really enjoyed the opportunity to connect with other advisors and hear how they work with their students. Also, with so many sessions to choose from, it was really easy to find ones that fit my different interests. I look forward to returning to another national conference.” Kelly Batouyios (CLAS )

“Seeing my colleague and friend, Ella Tabares, selected as an Emerging Leader.” Sara Mock (CLAS )


“My favorite moments were the times I got to spend with advisors from all over UF. It’s a great way to get to know other advisors away from campus and have fun together.” Lindsey Dedow (Business)

“For me, it was participating in the NACADA choir. It was such a wonderful way to meet other advisors from across the country and it provided me an opportunity to find my own niche within the NACADA organization.” Rachel Nelson (CLAS )

No comments:

Post a Comment