Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ask an Advisor

by Ella Tabares

Our “Ask an Advisor” column allows UF advisors to share their viewpoint and experiences. I recently asked some advisors to answer the following question:

How will you stay energized during the fall drop/add registration period?


I make it a point to get out of my building at lunch. Fresh air makes a huge difference. I also try to attend one live show at a theatre in Gainesville. Watching a good play after work is something to look forward to and my way of “getting away” and relaxing. --Christy Oxendine, CLAS



What drop/add registration period? No one said anything to me about this… I made plans! --Joe Rojo, School of Business


During lunch hour I close my office door, turn off the lights, and take a 15-minute power nap – makes all the difference!! --Sarah Eberhart, Recreation, Parks, & Tourism




I seek rejuvenation at Burrito Brothers. –Jill Lingard, School of Business


During the week the advising staff makes note of especially outrageous excuses, then gather on Friday afternoons to rate them on originality, creativity, and audacity. --Deb Mayhew, Engineering


Looking forward to the weekend always works for me, and a little bit of exercise in the evenings is always good. --Paul Rocha, Computer Engineering

No comments:

Post a Comment